Saturday, 23 February 2013

In My Mailbox #9


In My Mailbox is a meme hosted by Kristi @ The Story Siren which allows us to share the books we’ve bought, borrowed and received.
Here's my haul for the past 2 weeks!


(these are just the print copies)

Bought


Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion

I bought this from a fair in school today, and since it was only $2 (crazy, right??) and the movie is coming out next month in Singapore, I decided to go ahead and buy it. Hopefully I enjoy it as much as other people did!

Won


A Shade of Vampire by Bella Forrest

I've already read and reviewed this, and I loved it! So of course I was really happy to win this. Plus, it's signed :)

Borrowed


Cinder by Marissa Meyer 

I borrowed this one again from Rabiah, since I really need to re-read it before I read Scarlet. Fun fact - Cinder is the first book I reviewed on my blog!

Received for Books That Glow: YA & MG 2013



Don't Expect Magic by Kathy McCullough
ARC of Infinite Sky by C.J. Flood
Frost by Kathryn James
ARC of The Murmurings by Carly Anne West (from Edelweiss)
ARC of Criminal by Terra Elan McVoy (from Edelweiss)

Don't Expect Magic is actually the first book in the series, which was published in 2011. The sequel, Who Needs Magic? is part of the event, and Kathy very generously sent me and Rabiah copies of Don't Expect Magic so we can catch up! So thanks, Kathy!
I just finished Infinite Sky a couple of days ago, and I really liked that one. Look out for my review soon!
Frost is the sequel to Mist, and I still have to start this series. I love the cover!
I'm also really looking forward to reading The Murmurings and Criminal, they seem like really awesome thriller novels!

Received for Blog Tour


Dear Cassie by Lisa Burnstein

So that's it for this week! I'm really happy with my haul, since I'm looking forward to all of these books (apart from the ones I've already read, of course). I do have quite a lot to read over the next month or so, so hopefully I won't be drowning in my reading pile!
What did you guys get this week?



19 comments:

  1. Whoot! Awesome haul! :D I LOVED Cinder, and I hope you do too. :) Happy reading! And thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Louisse @ The Soul Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great book haul. I need to read Cinder to. I've heard such good things about it. I can't wait to hear what you think about Dear Cassie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for your opinion on The Murmurings! :D
    And ohh, smart move on re-reading Cinder before reading Scarlet, I should have done that! I'll also recommend you to read short story The Queen's Army before you read Scarlet too! ;D
    Thanks for stopping by my STS Richa! (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh lovely! I have to read Frost, I really enjoyed Mist. Cinder's great too. Enjoy your haul :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah I loved Cinder! I still need to read Scarlet. Enjoy all your books!

    My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved Cinder, I really need to read Scarlet now. Have heard good things about the Warm Bodies movie, just not the book... :)

    The Book Monsters

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great haul. I got Cinder this week (I know I'm behind the times) and am really excited to read it. Isn't it funny to go back and think about the first book you reviewed.

    Here's my book haul.

    ~Danica Page@Taking it One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great haul! I just got A Shade of Vampire last week and I'm glad to hear you loved it! I still have to read Cinder and am very excited for it! :D Enjoy all of your books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cinder is such a good book...funny that it's the first one you reviewed on your blog! I hope you enjoy Scarlet in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooohh, I want Cinder too! And Dont Expect Magic seems like an amazing ead! Enjoy :)
    Stacking the Shelves
    Review: Dare You To

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some awesome looking books! Cant wait to see what you think of them! Happy Reading!
    -Andy
    @Escape To New Worlds

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great haul. I've been thinking about reading Warm Bodies as well ;-)
    Happy reading.
    My IMM + Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved Cinder! The Warm Bodies movie in the US was awesome, I really loved it. I plan on reading the book too! Anyway, I hope you enjoy your new books!
    Brittany @ Spare Time book blog
    My IMM: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2013/02/in-my-mailbox-17.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. cant wait to see what you think of Dear Cassie. Great haul this week. New follower via GFC.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great book to be the first one reviewed on your blog. Cinder is amazing, and oh my gosh, Scarlet is just as wonderful. Marissa Meyer is amazing.

    I am intrigued by Warm Bodies. I saw, and really liked the movie, but I am not sure I would like the book. I should try it out anyway,

    Enjoy your goodies. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great haul! I'm finally going to see Warm Bodies tomorrow ^^ (it only came out in my country last Thursday). I think after that I'll want to read the book too!
    Don't expect magic looks so good! Love the cover :) And I'm excited about The Murmurings - lucky you for snagging an ARC ;) I've never heard of the series Frost is a part of before, but I'll go check it out now because I'm intrigued by that cover.

    Thanks so much for your lovely comment on my blog yesterday! By the way, I finished Opal last night and that ending... aeldfhhgsdjsd >.<

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have some great books! A lot of these are on my TBR. Happy reading!
    New follower!

    Halee @ Confessions of a Book Addict

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great haul! I loved Cinder sooo much. Can't wait to see what you think of Scarlet after your re-read!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I also just finished reading Cinder and can't wait to read Scarlet.

    Here's my IMM

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!