Wednesday, 30 January 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #17: Scarlet

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick for this week's WoW is...


Scarlet by Marissa Meyer

Release date: February 5th 2013
Publisher: Feiwel and Friends

Cinder returns in the second thrilling installment of the New York Times-bestselling Lunar Chronicles. She’s trying to break out of prison—even though if she succeeds, she’ll be the Commonwealth’s most wanted fugitive.

Halfway around the world, Scarlet Benoit’s grandmother is missing. It turns out there are many things Scarlet doesn’t know about her grandmother and the grave danger she has lived in her whole life. When Scarlet encounters Wolf, a street fighter who may have information as to her grandmother’s whereabouts, she has no choice but to trust him, though he clearly has a few dark secrets of his own.

As Scarlet and Wolf work to unravel one mystery, they find another when they cross paths with Cinder. Together, they must stay one step ahead of the vicious Lunar Queen who will do anything to make Prince Kai her husband, her king, her prisoner.







Scarlet is the second book in the incredibly awesome Lunar Chronicles series by Marissa Meyer. I love the concept in this series, especially the fact that each book is a different fairy-tale retelling. Cinder was a retelling of Cinderella, and Scarlet is a retelling of Red Riding Hood. Cinder was the very first book I reviewed on my blog, so it's really special to me. That being said, I can't wait to read this book!

Add Scarlet on Goodreads here.

9 comments:

  1. I'm excited to see how this is. I hope Cinder's in it a little at least. My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this series. Great choice!

    Nikki @ Books Most Wanted

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still need to read Cinder, but I'm reading it this weekend, perfect timing because this one comes out on the 5th.

    I hope you get to this one soon and that you enjoy it. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's my post. Please check it out.

    ~Danica Page@Taking it One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still need to read Cinder! Must do so very soon, I think. Great pick! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Cinder and i can't wait for this one!
    Check out my wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait for this one. It's already pre-ordered. Great pick!
    Thanks for stopping by My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard great things about Cinder but I never got the chance to read it. I'm not sure I'll be able to get to it soon but I'd love to read both soon. Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!