Wednesday, 23 January 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #16: Prodigy

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick for this week's WoW is...


Prodigy by Marie Lu

Release date: January 29th 2013
Publisher: Putnam Juvenile




June and Day arrive in Vegas just as the unthinkable happens: the Elector Primo dies, and his son Anden takes his place. With the Republic edging closer to chaos, the two join a group of Patriot rebels eager to help Day rescue his brother and offer passage to the Colonies. They have only one request—June and Day must assassinate the new Elector.

It’s their chance to change the nation, to give voice to a people silenced for too long.

But as June realizes this Elector is nothing like his father, she’s haunted by the choice ahead. What if Anden is a new beginning? What if revolution must be more than loss and vengeance, anger and blood—what if the Patriots are wrong?







Prodigy is the second book in the Legend series, and it comes out in a week! I know I'll need to re-read Legend before reading this, but I honestly can't wait until it comes out. I loved the world Marie Lu created in Legend, as well as the characters. Plus, I'm a huge dystopian fan! Prodigy seems like it's going to be even better than Legend, and I'm really looking forward to reading more about June and Day.

Add Prodigy on Goodreads here.

8 comments:

  1. I still really need to read Legend, but I've heard they are amazing. I hope you enjoy it.

    Here's mine

    ~Danica Page
    Taking It One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Legend has been on my TBR pile for a while. Sounds like something I should get on so I can read Prodigy asap! I kind of love coming to a series when there are at least two books available. Then I get more content all at once!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Legend, so I'm excited to read Prodigy too.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just started listening to this one on Audible and so far it's pretty good! Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't read this series. Does sound interesting.

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another thing to put on my TBR list. Why are there so many great books out there? I'll never get anything done with all the reading I do. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prodigy is on my TBR list as well. I really liked Legend and hope the second book is just as good.
    Thanks for stopping by our WoW this week!

    Diana @ BookVenturers

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!