Wednesday, 9 January 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #15: Level 2 by Lenore Appelhans

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick for this week's WoW is...


Level 2 by Lenore Appelhans

Release date: January 15th 2013
Publisher: Simon & Schuster

Three levels. Two loves. One choice. Debut novelist, Lenore Appelhans has written a thrilling otherworldly young adult novel about a place that exists between our world (Level 1) and what comes after life (Level 2).

'I pause to look around the hive - all the podlike chambers are lit up as the drones shoot up on memories ... I've wanted to get out of here before, but now the tight quarters start to choke me. There has to be more to death than this.'

Felicia Ward is dead. Trapped in a stark white afterlife limbo, she spends endless days replaying memories, of her family, friends, boyfriend ... and of the guy who broke her heart. The guy who has just broken into Level 2 to find her.

Felicia learns that a rebellion is brewing, and it seems she is the key. Suspended between heaven and earth, she must make a choice. Between two worlds, two lives and two loves.





This is one of the many 2013 debut novels I'm really excited for. I love dystopia, and I haven't read a new dystopian series in ages. Also, the synopsis really intrigues me. I've read a lot of great reviews of Level 2, and I'm really looking forward to its release!

Add Level 2 on Goodreads here.


11 comments:

  1. Great pick! I am almost done with this book right now, and I think it is going to be worth your wait. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm a new follower from Book Blogs! Check out my blog here Bookish Whimsy, and hopefully you would like to follow back. :)

    Ooh this book looks exciting, and I love the cover! Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I to want to read this book! Nice pick!

    My Wow this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Havent read Level 1 yet, but I think I'll check it out this year :D Happy reading! :)

    What I'm Waiting for This Wednesday
    My Enormous TBR Pile

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have an eARC of this to read and I am so excited to read it :) The whole purgatory thing makes me so excited.

    New follower!

    My WOW this week

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book sounds very interesting. Great pick! Thanks for stopping by my WoW.

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good choice!

    new follower
    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/01/waiting-on-wednesday-29.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard a lot of good things about this book, so I definitely can't wait to try it out! :)

    WoW at Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read the first book yet but I'll have to check it out. Great pick, though. I hope you enjoy reading it.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first book of the series :)

      Delete
  10. I'm really looking forward to reading this one as well! I've heard great things about it so I have a feeling it definitely won't disappoint. :D I am a new GFC follower of your blog!

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!