Wednesday, 19 December 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #12: Dare You To

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick for this week's WoW is...


Dare You To by Katie McGarry

Release date: May 28th 2013
Publisher: Harlequin Teen

"I dare you..."

If anyone knew the truth about Beth Risk's home life, they'd send her mother to jail and seventeen-year-old Beth who knows where. So she protects her mom at all costs. Until the day her uncle swoops in and forces Beth to choose between her mom's freedom and her own happiness. That's how Beth finds herself living with an aunt who doesn't want her and going to a school that doesn't understand her. At all. Except for the one guy who shouldn't get her, but does...

Ryan Stone is the town golden boy, a popular baseball star jock-with secrets he can't tell anyone. Not even the friends he shares everything with, including the constant dares to do crazy things. The craziest? Asking out the Skater girl who couldn't be less interested in him.

But what begins as a dare becomes an intense attraction neither Ryan nor Beth expected. Suddenly, the boy with the flawless image risks his dreams-and his life-for the girl he loves, and the girl who won't let anyone get too close is daring herself to want it all...



I just read the first book in the series, Pushing the Limits, a week ago, and I absolutely loved it. So much that I'm now a huge fan of Katie McGarry and I'm impatiently waiting for Dare You To, because I really really want to read Beth's story. She was the most interesting supporting character in Pushing the Limits, and I can't wait to see a completely different side of her in this book!

Add Dare You To on Goodreads here.

15 comments:

  1. I loved Pushing the Limits and can't wait to read Beth's story! I hope it is just as good as the first book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man I may or may not be out of the country when this one gets released. I really hope it's after this book is released because I really want to read this one.

    Pushing Limits made my top ten this year. I really hope this one is as good.

    Here's my pick

    ~Danica Page
    Taking it One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't usually read contemp romance, but PTL really surprised me so I can't wait to read Dare You To!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked Pushing the Limits, so I'll probably check this one out also. New follower by the way =)
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loooved Pushing The Limits. Can't wait for this one too. Awesome pick.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am really excited for this too! Just kind of surprised that the love interest isn't Isaiah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah same, I was really hoping it was!

      Delete
  7. I'm so excited about this one!! New follower :D

    I'm having an international giveaway:

    http://pageafterpagereviews.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/book-to-film-review-life-of-pi-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yesss, I'm so excited for Dare to You! I really enjoyed Pushing the Limits :D

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  9. :) I like this cover, don't get me wrong, I just want to get them a towel! :)
    The Brunette Librarian's Waiting on Wednesday Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVED Pushing the Limits. It was one of my favorite books that I read this year. I cannot wait to read Dare You To. The cover is SOOOO steamy. I like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahh, awesome pick! I cannot wait to read this one. <3 I loved Pushing the Limits so much :)
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't wait to read this book; I love the cover!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!