Tuesday, 11 December 2012

Top Ten Tuesday #6: Top Ten Favourite New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2012

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, and it features top ten lists of various topics.

Yay I love this one! Mostly because 2012 is the year I really got into books of all genres of YA, which means I came across several new and awesome authors.

1. Jennifer L. Armentrout - Okay, was this even a surprise to any of you? I read Obsidian about six months ago and immediately fell in love with the series. I then went on to read all of Jennifer's books, and I love every single one. So Jennifer is definitely my favourite new author!


2. Veronica Roth - I LOVED Divergent and Insurgent, they're probably my favourite dystopian books ever! I'm so happy I discovered Veronica Roth and I really can't wait for book 3.

3. Veronica Rossi - I just finished Through The Ever Night about a week ago, and I have to say that the Under The Never Sky series is among my top dystopian books of all time! I love that Veronica Rossi has included a paranormal touch to her amazing dystopian series, and I can't wait to read more of Aria, Perry and Roar in the final book of the trilogy, Into the Still Blue!

4. Elizabeth Norris - Elizabeth Norris has managed to capture me with just one book! Unraveling is amazing - original and filled with action. I loved that it's sci-fi, because I don't normally see that in a lot of books. Also, Janelle is one of the most badass characters I've read about, and I love her.


5. Wendy Higgins - As with Elizabeth Norris, Wendy has also managed to draw me in with one book - Sweet Evil. How I loved this book! Anna was awesome, Kai was obviously awesome, and I loved the whole concept!

6. John Green - I'm so so grateful to my friends for recommending The Fault in Our Stars to me a few months ago. Hands down one of the best books I've read this year. It was heartbreaking as well as humourous; it made me feel like laughing and crying at the same time. I went on to read Looking for Alaska and Paper Towns, though they didn't compare to the awesomeness that is The Fault in Our Stars.

7. Julie Kagawa - I'm actually embarrassed it took me so long to start reading The Iron Fey, but thank goodness I did. I fell in love with the Fey world immediately, and with the characters too. I was so excited to hear that there was a spin-off series, and I glued myself to The Lost Prince until I finished it. Now I just need the next book!

8. Gayle Forman - If I Stay and Where She Went are beautifully written and are beautiful stories as well. I've honestly never read anything like them before, and I could re-read them anytime. I would read anything by Gayle Forman - which is why I'm so eagerly anticipating Just One Day!

9. M.R. Merrick - I found out about the Protector series just about a month ago, and I was sucked into Chase's world of demons and hunters the minute I started reading Exiled. I quite recently finished the third book, Release (which came out yesterday!), and you'll get to see my review along with an author interview on the 16th, during my blog tour stop :)

10. Tahereh Mafi - I've been meaning to read Shatter Me for quite a while, but only got around to it a few days ago. I finished it, loved it, and immediately began Destroy Me. I loved that even more! Tahereh Mafi has a beautiful writing style, something I've never seen the likes of before. Her writing is the main reason I loved the book so much. A few people I know have already read the sequel, Unravel Me, and I'm so so jealous because I don't think I can wait much longer!

10 comments:

  1. Haha, you weren't kidding that we have a lot in common xD Of your list that I haven't read yet, I'm planning on reading John Green, Julie Kagawa, Elizabeth Norris, and Gayle Forman xD *high five*

    Following you as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am actually embarrassed to admit that I only read Iron King by Julie Kagawa. All others are on my tbr, but I did not read them yet. Well, hopefully soon. :)
    Thanks for stopping by my TTT.
    Dragana @ Bookworm Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Great list! I love Veronica Roth, Julie Kagawa, and Gayle Forman. I still need to read Veronica Rossi, John Green, and Tahereh Mafi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower via GFC. I have to check out Shatter Me. Im seeing it everywhere. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm excited for 'Just One Day' too! My TTT list: http://aliceinreaderland.wordpress.com/2012/12/10/top-ten-favorite-new-to-me-authors-i-read-in-2012/

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just discovered Veronica Roth this year too! I can't wait for the final book in the trilogy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Veronica Roth made my list too! I love Gayle Forman, and I really cannot wait for Just One Day to come out. I really need to read Shatter Me soon, because I know I'm missing out on something awesome! Great list!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tahera Mafi is on my "i need to read SOON" list. Love following her on Twitter, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. John Green is on my list, too. I still haven't read Looking for Alaska and An Abundance of Katherines, but I hope to next year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Veronica Roth & Julie Kagawa are also two of my new favorite authors :)

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!