Wednesday, 28 November 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #9: Sweet Peril

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick for this week's WoW is...


Sweet Peril by Wendy Higgins

Release date: April 30th 2013
Publisher: HarperTeen

Anna Whitt, the daughter of a guardian angel and a demon, promised herself she’d never do the work of her father—polluting souls. She’d been naive to make such a vow. She’d been naive about a lot of things.

Haunted by demon whisperers, Anna does whatever she can to survive, even if it means embracing her dark side and earning an unwanted reputation as her school’s party girl. Her life has never looked more bleak. And all the while there’s Kaidan Rowe, son of the Duke of Lust, plaguing her heart and mind.

When an unexpected lost message from the angels surfaces, Anna finds herself traveling the globe with Kopano, son of Wrath, in an attempt to gain support of fellow Nephilim and give them hope for the first time. It soon becomes clear that whatever freedoms Anna and the rest of the Neph are hoping to win will not be gained without a fight. Until then, Anna and Kaidan must put aside the issues between them, overcome the steamiest of temptations yet, and face the ultimate question: is loving someone worth risking their life?




April 2013 honestly cannot come soon enough. If you haven't read Sweet Evil yet, what are you waiting for? I loved it so much that Wendy Higgins made her way into my list of favourite authors, and after I get my hands on Sweet Peril, she'll probably go up a few places! I love Anna, Kai and Kopano, and I can't wait to see how their relationship develops in the second book of this awesome series.

Add Sweet Peril on Goodreads here.

12 comments:

  1. I really want to read Sweet Evil but I haven't yet. Great pick!

    Here's my WOW pick.

    Kat
    Wit and Sin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this cover last week and that made me real happy after all the rumors of the book not being published and all.. :)

    I'm a new GFC follower ;)

    My WOW this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the WoW! I hope you'll enjoy Sweet Peril! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the first book and can't wait to read this as well!
    Here's my WoW.
    Ashley
    #BookNerd

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read the first book, but your excitement over the books is contagious. :) Thanks and I hope April gets here quickly for you.

    My WoW .

    Brandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I started Sweet Evil but never finished - I think I need to try again! I hope you enjoy Sweet Peril :)

    Tara @ Hobbitsies

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read Sweet Evil yet but I've read so many positive reviews of it so it's definitely on my to-read list... I'd love to read this one as well and I hope you enjoy reading it too. Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome pick!!!! I can't wait for Sweet Peril!!!!!!! I loved Sweet Evil so freaking much!!!!! :D

    My WoW

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is one of my most anticipated books for next year. Can't wait!

    My WoW:
    http://booksojourner.blogspot.com/2012/11/waiting-on-wednesday-6-reboot-impostor.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have Sweet Evil but I haven't read it yet!

    New follower, found you on Book Blogs.
    Love it if you checked out my blog too!
    http://www.readerswonderland.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!