Wednesday, 21 November 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #8: Shades of Earth

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick for this week's WoW is...


Shades of Earth by Beth Revis

Release date: January 15th 2013
Publisher: Razorbill


Amy and Elder have finally left the oppressive walls of the spaceshipGodspeed behind. They're ready to start life afresh--to build a home--on Centauri-Earth, the planet that Amy has traveled 25 trillion miles across the universe to experience.

But this new Earth isn't the paradise Amy had been hoping for. There are giant pterodactyl-like birds, purple flowers with mind-numbing toxins, and mysterious, unexplained ruins that hold more secrets than their stone walls first let on. The biggest secret of all? 
Godspeed's former passengers aren't alone on this planet. And if they're going to stay, they'll have to fight.

Amy and Elder must race to discover who--or what--else is out there if they are to have any hope of saving their struggling colony and building a future together. They will have to look inward to the very core of what makes them human on this, their most harrowing journey yet. Because if the colony collapses? Then everything they have sacrificed--friends, family, life on Earth--will have been for nothing.


FUELED BY LIES.
RULED BY CHAOS.
ALMOST HOME.


Shades of Earth is the final book in the Across the Universe trilogy, and I'm desperate to find out how it all ends. I probably have to re-read A Million Suns before beginning this, and I will do that over the holidays! I wish the covers hadn't changed, though. The old covers were so beautiful! Anyway, there's just under a couple of months for this book to come out, and I honestly can't wait!

Add Shades of Earth on Goodreads here.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad I'm not the only one waiting for this. I love Elder and Amy and can't wait to see what happens in the last book! Great choice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice cover and choice.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/11/waiting-on-wednesday_21.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesssss, I can't wait to see how this trilogy wraps up! But I'm kind of sad that it's nearly over, since AtU was one of the first books I read and reviewed when I first started blogging!

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!