Sunday, 4 November 2012

Stitch Blog Tour: Review


Hey guys, I'm so excited to be part of the Stitch blog tour! Before my review, here's some info on the super awesome book by Samantha Durante.


Her heart races, her muscles coil, and every impulse in Alessa's body screams at her to run... but yet she's powerless to move.

Still struggling to find her footing after the sudden death of her parents, the last thing college freshman Alessa has the strength to deal with is the inexplicable visceral pull drawing her to a handsome ghostly presence. In between grappling with exams and sorority soirees - and disturbing recurring dreams of being captive in a futuristic prison hell - Alessa is determined to unravel the mystery of the apparition who leaves her breathless. But the terrifying secret she uncovers will find her groping desperately through her nightmares for answers.

Because what Alessa hasn't figured out yet is that she's not really a student, the object of her obsession is no ghost, and her sneaking suspicions that something sinister is lurking behind the walls of her university's idyllic campus are only just scratching the surface...

The opening installment in a twist-laden trilogy, Stitch spans the genres of paranormal romance and dystopian sci-fi to explore the challenges of a society in transition, where morality, vision, and pragmatism collide leaving the average citizen to suffer the results.



Stitch is so different from anything I've read before! I started off thinking it was paranormal, then suddenly it changed to science fiction, and imagine my surprise when I find out it's a dystopian! Stitch will make you question everything you once thought to be true, just like Alessa does in the book. Samantha Durante has truly created an amazing world in her debut novel!

I loved that the book was told in two points of view, Isaac's as well as Alessa's. It gave me an insight into both their lives, and this was crucial because their lives were so different at the beginning of the book. I loved all the characters, they were so unique! Alessa is trying hard to get over the death of her parents while simultaneously getting through college. Luckily, she makes a best friend out of Janie, who was probably my favourite character. Janie is bubbly, tough and unfailingly loyal. I'm really hoping to see more of her in the sequel, Shudder!
Alessa is also a really likeable character - she's smart, mature and compassionate. I loved her relationship with Isaac. I hope we find out a lot more about Isaac in Shudder, since I know practically nothing about him right now. I do know that he's strong-willed and protective, and Alessa is lucky to have him!
I'm also hoping fore more of Nikhil, because I think there's more to him than suggested in the book. Plus, when I first read his name, I was like 'YAY Indian guy!'

It's hard to write this review without any spoilers, but I'm trying my best! I loved the metaphysical aspect of this book, and all the plot twists. You won't see any of them coming until they hit you in the face! We get to witness the changes Alessa goes through in the book, and it's incredible how strong she is. She is determined to reach her goal, and nothing can stop her.

The dystopia in Stitch is more cruel than I've read before, and it was so original! I love dystopian books and have read a lot of them, but this one blew my mind. It's unpredictable throughout, and keeps you guessing at every turn. It was slightly confusing at first, but as I read on, I really got into it. There's this huge OMG moment when Alessa discovers a lot of things about herself and her life, and I thought it was fantastic. Purely original, beautifully-written, and it feels like you've been hit over the head!

Stitch is an amazing debut novel, and a riveting start to what I think will be an awesome dystopian trilogy. Samantha Durante writes a beautiful novel filled with suspense, action, friendship, and loss. After finishing Stitch, I'm incredibly impatient for Shudder!

Rating: 4/5

About the author:


Samantha Durante lives in New York City with her husband, Sudeep, and her cat, Gio. Formerly an engineer at Microsoft, Samantha left the world of software in 2010 to pursue her entrepreneurial dreams and a lifelong love of writing. A graduate of the University of Pennsylvania’s Jerome Fisher Program in Management & Technology, Samantha is currently working full time for her company Medley Media Associates as a freelance business writer and communications consultant. Stitch is her first novel. Learn more about Samantha at www.samanthadurante.com.

Find Samantha on Facebook | Goodreads | Library Thing | Shelfari

4 comments:

  1. Interesting. I haven't read dystopia or sci-fi for a while now, and I love the summary. I'll give it a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, found you through Book Blogs and I'm following you. If you get a chance please check out my blog at http://tometender.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review:) I might have to check this one out. I am a new follower via GFC:)
    Here's my book blog:
    http://andreaheltsley.blogspot.com
    Cheers
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Followed! Follow back if you want :)
    http://owlnestlyreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!