Wednesday, 31 October 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #6: Requiem

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick for this week's WoW is...

Requiem by Lauren Oliver

Release date: March 5th 2013
Publisher: HarperTeen


Now an active member of the resistance, Lena has been transformed. The nascent rebellion that was under way in Pandemonium has ignited into an all-out revolution in Requiem, and Lena is at the center of the fight.

After rescuing Julian from a death sentence, Lena and her friends fled to the Wilds. But the Wilds are no longer a safe haven—pockets of rebellion have opened throughout the country, and the government cannot deny the existence of Invalids. Regulators now infiltrate the borderlands to stamp out the rebels, and as Lena navigates the increasingly dangerous terrain, her best friend, Hana, lives a safe, loveless life in Portland as the fiancée of the young mayor. Requiem is told from both Lena’s and Hana’s points of view. The two girls live side by side in a world that divides them until, at last, their stories converge.

Delirium is one of the best dystopian series I've read so far, and I can't wait for Requiem, the final book in the trilogy! I like the fact that it's from both Lena and Hana's POV, because Hana's POV will give us an insight into how the 'cured' live. It will also provide a great contrast to Lena's life in the Wilds, and after that huge cliffhanger at the end of Pandemonium, I NEED this book soon!

Add Requiem on Goodreads here.

9 comments:

  1. Eeeppp!!! Requiem! I'll camp out my bookstore for this book. Great pick! :D

    Here my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this one a few times lately and though I haven't read the other books in the trilogy I'm sure tempted to change that. Thanks for sharing! ^.^ If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there,

    New follower. Nice to meet you. Oh YES! The way Pandemonium finished!!! NEed this one!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delirium Trilogy is one of my all time fave series! Great pick! <3

    new follower and here's my WoW . Hope you'd follow back! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome choice! I loooved Delirium but I haven't read Pandemonium yet. But I've heard Pandemonium is SO AMAZING!!

    My WoW - Pulse

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love LOVE this series and am dying to get my hands on this book! I'm not sure how I feel about the two POVs, I really prefer to hear from just Lena, but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised :)


    Tiffany @ Book Cover Justice
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read the first two books in the trilogy but I would love to give them all a try. I hope you like the book when it comes out. Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to read Requiem. This series is simply amazing. Great pick!
    Em @ A Beautiful Madness
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man I am so behind on this series. Check out my WoW and Looking for Alaska Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!