Tuesday, 23 October 2012

Top Ten Tuesday #3: Top Ten Books To Get Into The Halloween Spirit

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, and it features top ten lists of various topics.

Halloween is one of my favourite days of the year! So here's my list of books to read during this awesome time.

1. Ten by Gretchen McNeil - This is the perfect Halloween book. It's creepy and spooky with loads of mystery in it as well! I literally couldn't put this book down. If you need more persuasion to read it, check out my review here.


2. Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake - Creepiness galore! This book is about a ghost-hunter who falls in love with a ghost (who happens to be a feared killer). Anna Dressed in Blood is great for horror-lovers everywhere, with blood and gore and murder. It would be a fantastic Halloween read!

3. The Forbidden Game by L.J. Smith - Another perfect Halloween book. There are actually 3 books in this series, but it has been republished as an omnibus with all 3 books together. The concept of the book is great, and it also has elements of mystery and suspense embedded throughout the book.

4. The Vampire Diaries by L.J. Smith - Almost all of L.J. Smith's books are great to read during Halloween. The Vampire Diaries is arguably her most famous series, and trust me, the books are way better than the TV show!

5. Night World by L.J. Smith - Again, this series is an awesome Halloween read. It involves stories about several different paranormal creatures (witches, vampires, werewolves, shapeshifters). This is probably my favourite L.J. Smith series, and I think the perfect book for Halloween would be the third one in the series, Spellbinder.

6. Witch by Nancy Holder - The first book in the Wicked series, this book is all about (surprise surprise) witches. That makes Halloween a big part of it. Witch is less creepy than the rest of the books, but it's a great start to a good Halloween.


7. The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting - This is a good book with creepiness and a murder mystery as well. I might even read this again during Halloween!

8. Dark Secrets by Elizabeth Chandler - These books creeped even me out! And I don't get creeped out very easily. It's a perfect blend of ghosts, witches, and metaphysical happenings. Be sure to read this series during Halloween!

9. And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie - How could this book not be on my list? It is the book on which Ten is based, and it's plenty scary. I loved it!

10. The A.B.C. Murders by Agatha Christie - This is another suspense-filled book by Agatha Christie, and it leaves you guessing until the very end. Unpredictable, creepy and gory, this book will keep you on the edge of your seat on Halloween.



7 comments:

  1. Ooh loved Anna Dressed in Blood. Awesome list!

    Tanya Patrice
    HGirlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even think about The Body Finder, but that's such a good choice! The chapters from the murderer's POV are creeptastic! Fab list.
    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to read Ten. A lot of people love the book and I want to be one of those too. Love creepy stories.

    J'adore Happy Endings

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was not a fan of the VD series of books but I LOVE the show...I think this is the only instance when I enjoyed a movie/show more than the book/s.

    Ten is on my shelf screaming at me to read it by Halloween! I'm excited to start it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Agatha, I'm slowly going through her books in the order of their publishing :)
    I see a few great recommendations, I'm not really a horror/scary books fan myself actually so I read virtually no 'Halloween' books...

    My TTT
    *GIVEAWAY*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! I'm dying to check out Anna Dressed in Blood and I'm thinking soon with Halloween coming up :D Also really anxious to check out anything L.J. Smith...thanks so much for sharing!

    New follower via GFC. Here's my TTT

    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've actually got And Then there were None on my bookshelf to read right now! I'm so keen to read it, hopefully I'll get to it before halloween! And the ABC Murders got onto my list too- how could it not? It was such a surprising read!
    Great top ten!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!