Tuesday, 16 October 2012

Top Ten Tuesday #2: Top Ten Favourite Authors In X Genre

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, and it features top ten lists of various topics.

I've picked paranormal as my genre, since it's the most common genre of the books I read.
So here are my top ten favourite paranormal authors at the moment. They are probably not in order of my favourites, just the first ones that popped into my head.

1. Jennifer L. Armentrout - I am in love with her Lux and Covenant series, and I literally can't wait for Deity and Opal to come out! I only heard of her books a few months ago, and since then I've become a hardcore fan. Jennifer's releasing more than 5 books this year, and that's the number one reason I find her amazing. I hate waiting for a year for sequels to release!

2. L.J. Smith - The Night World and Vampire Diaries were the first YA series I ever read, and these books got me into reading paranormal fiction. For this reason, L.J.'s books are very close to my heart. I love all of L.J.'s books, and I'm eagerly anticipating the final book in the Night World series, Strange Fate.

3. Cassandra Clare - Magnus Bane. 'Nuff said. The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices are some of the best paranormal books out there, with a whole new race called the Shadowhunters. These books have everything in them, including warlocks, vampires and werewolves. Trust me, you do not want to miss out on these series!

4. Maggie Stiefvater - She has an unusual and beautiful writing style of her own, and everything flows so well it's like the words are literally washing over you. The Wolves of Mercy Falls is my favourite werewolf series ever, and I also loved The Raven Boys, which came out about a month ago.

5. Becca Fitzpatrick - I love the Hush, Hush series, and I cannot wait for the final book, Finale to come out! This is one of the only series in which I own (or will own) all the books. I've read the three books that have already come out multiple times, and I have no doubt I will love Finale.

6. Lili St. Crow - The Strange Angels series is the reason I joined Goodreads! I read the books but had no one to talk to about them, since no one else I knew had read them. I found a group on Goodreads dedicated to this series, and decided to join. The protagonist in this series, Dru, is one of the best YA heroines I've ever read about, and I also own all the books in this series because they're amazing. In my opinion the Strange Angels series doesn't get enough recognition for its awesomeness.

7. Kelley Armstrong - I know that her Women of the Otherworld series is more famous, but I haven't read those. I fell in love with the Darkest Powers series, and then the Darkness Rising. Even though the plot is very similar to Dark Visions by L.J. Smith, these books have very unique characters which Kelley can call her own, and I love her writing style.

8. Julie Kagawa - The Iron Fey series is an amazing series about fey, and probably got me into reading about fey. I loved Megan and Ash's story, and I can't wait to return to their world with The Lost Prince, which follows Megan's little (well, not so little anymore) brother, Ethan.

9. Andrea Cremer - Nightshade was fantastic! Though there was a scene at the end of the trilogy that made me want to break something, the plot was amazing. Another werewolf series, very different from Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls). I was ecstatic when I heard about the prequel series, and I loved the first book of that too. I can't wait for the second book, Rise, to come out!

10. M.R. Merrick - I just read Exiled and Shift a few days ago, and I'm already dying to read Release! The fact that M.R. Merrick has made it to my top ten paranormal author list shows how much I loved his books. He's created an amazing world in the Protector series, and I can't wait to read more about it.

Wow there are so many more but I can't fit them in here... Aprilynne Pike, Wendy Higgins, Lauren Kate, Jennifer Lynn Barnes, you guys are all up there too!

4 comments:

  1. I found your list to be almost just like mine! :) I love those kind of "soul mate readers". And I am a HUGE Jennifer L. Armentrout fan as well - within the last few months.

    New follower!

    Check out my Top 10

    Holly @ Words Fueled by Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your list! My favourites: Jennifer L. Armentrout (she's actually releasing 11 books 2012), Cassandra Clare, Becca Fitzpatrick, Andrea Cremer and Julie Kagawa!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why have I not read Jennifer Armentrout yet? Otherwise, I agree with almost everyone on this list!

    Check out my Top Ten Favorite YA Contemporary Authors HERE!

    Also, I have a FANTASTIC giveaway of a SIGNED copy Lauren Oliver's new book, THE SPINDLERS, going on HERE!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!