Tuesday, 9 October 2012

Ton Ten Tuesday #1: REWIND

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, and it features top ten lists of various topics.

For my first Top Ten Tuesday, I can pick a topic that has already been done. So I picked...

Top Ten Books on my Fall TBR List

I'm looking forward to a lot of books this fall, and I'm really excited to share these with you guys! Here's my top ten list in order of release date.

1. The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling (September 27) - I love J.K. Rowling. Therefore I will read this book. The Casual Vacancy is an adult book, and nothing like Harry Potter, but my loyalty to Rowling compels me to read it. Hopefully I'll like it!

2. The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan (October 2) - This is the third book in the Heroes of Olympus series, and after the cliffhanger at the end of book 2, I can't wait to read this! I may have to re-read the previous books, though :P

3. Tempting the Player by J. Lynn (October 20) - This is written by one of my favourite authors, Jennifer Armentrout, under the pen-name of J. Lynn, because it is an adult book. I loved the first book in the Gamble Brothers series, and I can't wait for this one to come out!

4. Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick (October 23) - I pre-ordered this book a few days ago, and I literally cannot wait to find out how it all ends! This is the fourth and final book in the Hush, Hush saga, and if you like fallen angel/Nephilim books you HAVE to read this! 

5. The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa (October 23) - This is the first book in the Iron Fey spin-off series, The Call of The Forgotten. It revolves around Ethan, Megan's younger brother, who's all grown up now. What I'm most excited to read about is Keirran, Ash and Megan's son! I really want to know what he's like, and how he becomes friends with Ethan. Definitely a must-read if you've read The Iron Fey.

6. Touching the Surface by Kimberly Sabatini (October 30) - This is a debut novel, and seems like an amazing book. It's about the afterlife, and according to reviews it's very beautifully written. This being said, I'm eagerly anticipating this book!

7. Deity by Jennifer Armentrout (November 6) - Words cannot explain how much I'm anticipating this book. Deity is the third book in the Covenant series, and I've read so many amazing reviews about this book already. I pre-ordered this along with Finale, and I'm impatiently waiting for November 6th!

8. Reached by Ally Condie (November 13) - Reached is the final book in the dystopian Matched trilogy. I didn't particularly love the previous books, but I can't wait to find out how the series ends.

9. Elixir by Jennifer Armentrout (November 27) - This is a Covenant novella that takes place after the events of Deity. It is told in Adien's POV, and that fact itself convinced me that this novella is going to be amazing. Thank goodness it comes out just a few days after Deity, I don't know if I would be able to hold out for over a month!

10. Opal by Jennifer Armentrout (December 11) - Jennifer is a writing machine. Seriously. She's releasing SEVEN books this year, not including the novella, Elixir! Opal is the third book of the Lux series, and I strongly urge everyone to read it. It's an amazing series! After the way things ended in Onyx, I'm dying to read Opal. Plus, people who've read it already (lucky pigs) say that it's the best book so far.

7 comments:

  1. Oh so many fantastic books! I'm dying to get my hands on a copy of The Casual Vacancy and Reached- I can't wait to see what happens in both of those novels!

    Happy top ten and welcome to the meme! It's very fun!
    Romi.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read a blogger's review of Casual; she completely lambasted it. Gave it zero stars. Whew. Think I'll pass on it.

    Here's my Ten Ten Words I Love. I hope you'll stop in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I reviewed the Lost Prince a couple of weeks ago, still need to read The Casual Vacancy though.
    Great list check out mine here

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have lots of good ones on here! I'm reading The Casual Vacancy right now and at 100 pages in, it is quite good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are going to have a very busy but ultimately fantabulous fall. Enjoy!

    My TTT: http://shelversanon.blogspot.com/2012/10/top-10-tuesday-rewind-top-ten-bookish.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I put Crossed in my pile of books to read in October, to get me ready for Reached! I enjoyed Matched - it wasn't, for me, on the level of The Hunger Games or Divergent, but it was a fun read and like you, I'm curious to see what happens next.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!