Monday, 22 October 2012

Sweet Evil Read-Along (Week 4)


The Sweet Evil Read-Along is hosted by Mindy at Magical Urban Fantasy Reads. This week's topic is...





I've always loved Halloween, it's definitely one of my favourite days of the year. I went trick-or-treating every year with my friends, all the way up till I was fourteen. Then we stopped, declaring we were too old. In my opinion, you're never too old to go door-to-door for some free candy!

For this week's post, I will share a list of the best or funniest Halloween tricks I found online. So here goes.


1. Visit friends' houses and write on the mirror with your finger, delivering a scary message such as "I'm watching you!" Breathe on the mirror and you can see your words. Let it dry naturally. When your friend takes a shower, the words will appear again when the mirror fogs up.

2. Dress up in a hospital gown and walk around at night saying, "They think I'm crazy, but I'm not. They deserved to die. They can't take me back," etc. Act really loopy and walk around in circles while talking.

3. Dress up in a good costume like a zombie, for example. Then all you have to do on the night of Halloween is find an innocent victim to stalk. Follow the person from behind them, making sure they see you every so often. To make this prank even funnier, get another prankster to dress up in exactly the same costume as yourself. When you’re following the victim, each time they see you move out of sight behind a bush or a wall. Then get your partner in crime to appear in front of them or from a different direction. Keep doing this till the victim gets very scared!

4. On Halloween, order a pizza around trick-or-treating time. When the delivery guy shows up, give him some candy and compliment him on his costume. When he then says something like “Uh, no … here’s your pizza”, say, “Wow, most people just take the candy and run, you’re doing a great impersonation. Well, Happy Halloween, and have fun!” – then close the door. Open it soon afterwards and get a good laugh as you buy your pizza.

5. This is a quick and easy one to scare those trick or treaters at the door on Halloween night.  Get a large plastic bowl from the dollar store, and carefully cut a hole in the bottom just big enough for your hand to fit through. Then make your hand look ugly with long nasty nails and veins if you can.  Put your hand in the bowl and then fill it with candy.Look like you are offering the bowl of candy to the kids, and then let them feel or see your moving hand. That'll get you a good scream!

I for one am definitely going to try at least one of these this Halloween! I'm leaning towards the zombie stalker. How cool would that be?? :D

And now for my final (sob sob) mini review of Sweet Evil.



His brow elevated, but he didn’t take the bait. Instead, he stared at me funny. “Nice wart.” Leaning forward without touching me, he flicked the wart from the tip of my nose.

A vulnerable tenderness flashed across his face, more painful to see than the coldness. It took every ounce of strength I had not to beg for one last kiss. As fast as his expression had softened, it was back to stone again. “What do you want from me, Kai?” “For starters?” His voice lowered to sexy, dangerous depths. “I want to introduce myself to every freckle on your body.”

Kaidan and Anna at the Halloween party. Aw man, Kaidan just keeps getting hotter and hotter. Even dressed up as a gorilla! I wish things weren't so complicated between them, and they could just simply be together.

Watching Anna 'work' for the first time was interesting, and a nice surprise. I had no idea sweet little Anna could get so flirty! This was a fun chapter, watching all the Nephs get to work. Although I didn't like what Marna did to Jay and Veronica's relationship, even though I know it's her job to do that. Kaidan stopped himself with Anna, didn't he? So why couldn't Marna stop for someone she cared about? Anyway, I liked the end of the chapter, despite the fact that Anna fell sick. Kaidan praising her about her first time working was really nice, and once again I wish everything wasn't so complicated.

The whole incident with Gelinda in Chapter 30 was really intense, and my heart was in my mouth when she cut the pie. Thank goodness Anna's dad told her which food was without poison!
Anna and Kai's parting was really sad, and it makes me really anxious to read Sweet Hope, since I have no idea where they stand right now.

And that brings me to the end of the Sweet Evil Read-Along! I'm proud to have done this all four weeks without fail, and that tells you how much I love this book. It was great fun being a part of this, and I'm really looking forward to more read-alongs in the future :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!