The Sweet Evil Read-Along is hosted by Mindy at Magical Urban Fantasy Reads. This week's topic is Truth or Dare.
Some of the popular dares we'd give each other included Ding-Dong-Ditch, professing our love to some random guy in our school, or my personal favourite - walking up to a stranger on the street and asking them the time while clearly showing the fact that you're wearing a watch. It was hilarious to see the different reactions we'd get!
Anyway, for this post I guess I'll give away some truths about me. After all, you wouldn't know if they were true or not, would you? Just kidding, I'll be honest!
1. I can't blow bubbles from bubblegum. Never could. Loads of people have tried teaching me, but I just don't get it. And I can't help feeling jealous when I see some 8-year-old kid blowing huge-ass pink bubbles from his gum!
2. The earliest memory I have of lying to my mom is when I was three years old. Yes, I'm serious! I'm not going to reveal the circumstances, but there it is. I was born to be a good liar.
3. I have a lot of Disney-star tween pop songs on my iPod that I can't bring myself to delete. These include High School Musical, Hannah Montana, Selena Gomez, and the Jonas Brothers. In fact, I was listening to the Jonas Brothers just a couple of weeks ago (not my fault, everyone in my economics class started singing Burnin' Up and it got stuck in my head).
4. I've never shoplifted. Ever. I know people who have, since the shop in the condo I live in doesn't have much security. Most of the time there isn't anyone there. You could just walk in, slip a candy bar into your pocket and walk out. But I've never tried it, mostly because I was afraid of getting caught! I'm not afraid now, but I honestly don't desire anything enough to want to shoplift for it.
5. Saving the best for last - I have an unhealthy obsession with Avril Lavigne. I seriously love her. I own all her albums, my walls are covered with like ten posters of her, and I've attended all her concerts in Singapore. I even waited for six hours at the airport to see her. (Unfortunately I missed her by 40 minutes. I was devastated!)
Don't get me wrong though, I'm a hardcore rock fan. Linkin Park, Breaking Benjamin, Skillet, and the likes. Avril happens to be the exception, and an awesome one at that!
And that's all you'll get out of me today. Let's move on to Sweet Evil.
Chapter 17 is Kaidan's sacrifice! Filled with passion and a lot of emotions, this chapter leaves you swooning for Kai like never before!
In one smooth motion he flipped us so we were both sitting up, me across his lap with my legs wrapped around him. My hair brushed my skin, soft in contrast to the hardness of his hands. His perfect lips moved over my shoulders, pushing my bra straps down and nipping with just enough pressure. My head lolled back into his waiting hand. I pressed my hips against his and was rewarded when he groaned, flipping us again, so fluidly.
His mouth was on the small swell of skin peeking out from the top of my bra. My hands were in his thick hair. He kissed down my upper body to my belly button, keeping his hands under my back, concentrating on my skin. I was gasping for short breaths now, unable to control myself as his lips burned a trail down to the edge of my shorts. He flicked open the button and licked the sensitive skin there. I gasped, and he made a masculine growling sound at me before he spoke.
Aw man, so much heat! I seriously love Kai. Though I wish he'd been more responsive to Anna after her saw, well, the pink swirls around her.
In these chapters we meet the other Nephs - Kopano, Ginger, Marna and Blake. I love Kopano and Ginger! Marna's too bubbly for my liking, and Blake... Well, I don't know enough about him.
Also, I found it hilarious to see Kai getting all jealous of Kopano over Anna ;)
That's it for Week 3, and don't forget to come back next week for the final post of the Sweet Evil Read-Along!
Check out the giveaway here and enter to win 5 awesome ARCs!