Saturday, 27 October 2012

Review: Tempting the Player by J. Lynn

Chad Gamble, all-star pitcher for the Nationals, is one of the best players on—and off—the field. And right now, the notorious bad boy wants Bridget Rodgers. But with her lush curves and snappy comebacks, the feisty redhead is the kind of woman a man wants to settle down with…and that’s the last thing Chad needs.

When the paparazzi catch them in a compromising position, Chad’s manager issues an ultimatum: clean up his act or kiss his multi-million dollar contract goodbye. To save his career, his meddling publicist says he'll have to convince everyone Bridget isn’t just his flavor of the week, but his girlfriend.

Being blackmailed into a fake relationship with Chad Gamble isn’t easy, especially when the sizzling physical attraction between them is undeniable. With a month to go on their arranged pretense, it's going to take every ounce of willpower they have not to fall into bed together...or in love.










Ever since reading Tempting the Best Man, I've been dying to read this book, to know Chad's story. I wondered what girl would make him actually settle down. Now, after reading Tempting the Player, I can say that I love Chad and Bridget so very much! They have such amazing chemistry together, right from the beginning. I loved they way they slowly fell in love over the course of the novel.

Chad is a pro baseball player, and he's a player on and off the field. However, he is forced into a fake relationship with Bridget so that the contract with his baseball club doesn't fall through. I loved Chad immediately. He's funny, smart, and of course very hot! He can literally have anyone he wants, anytime he wants. I loved how Bridget made him show his emotional side, and he was so incredibly sweet to her when he got her the dress and the necklace, and when he did other stuff for her too. No, I'm not talking about what you think I am ;)

Bridget was a really likeable character, and I loved how she was so eccentric. She's also nothing like the other women Chad has been with, and I think that was what drew him to her in the first place. I liked that she was different. The fact that Chad went straight to her even though she's not as thin and flawless as the supermodels he's been with, shows that Chad really saw something there. Something that would grow between them and hopefully blossom into something completely new.

And of course that's what happened! Chad and Bridget slowly fell in love, with a lot of hot- no, smoldering scenes between them. Seriously, it showed me exactly why this book isn't meant for younger eyes! The sparks flying between them were white-hot and explosive, but the scenes were fun at the same time. I think I like Chad and Bridget even more than Chase and Maddie, though they're only ahead by a bit. Chad has an easy smile and personality that you can't help but love, and Bridget is just so awesome that you can't help loving her too.

I was incredibly happy to see Chase and Maddie in this novel, and it was great to see that they're still totally infatuated with each other. I'd have loved to read more scenes of the four of them together, double-dating or something.
There was a new character in this book, Miss Alana Gore, whom I did not like at all in the beginning. She blackmails Bridget into agreeing to pretend to go out with Chad, and I didn't like her strict, no-nonsense, nanny-like attitude. I was actually surprised to see something there between her and Chandler, the oldest Gamble brother. I can't wait to see how their relationship comes about in Tempting the Bodyguard! Anyway, though I didn't like her at the start and throughout most of the book, I loved her in the end. Essentially, she was the one who brought Chad and Bridget together permanently, and they probably wouldn't be together if she hadn't done what she'd done. So, Miss Gore, kudos for that.

The ending was simply amazing. And perfect. It was a fit-for-Hollywood kind of ending! Chad is the sweetest guy ever, for all the things he's done for Bridget, and all he's given up for her. Bridget in turn has had to make sacrifices for him, so I was ecstatic when everything turned out great in the end. 

J. Lynn (or Jennifer Armentrout) is an amazing author, and I love every book by her. I can't wait to read the final Gamble Brothers book to get to know Chandler. And of course, I hope to see more of Chad and Bridget in it too! If you haven't yet read this series, start now! It's freaking amazing, I promise you.

Rating: 4.5/5

2 comments:

  1. Great review! I LOVED this book! I agree, I even loved it more than TtBM and that I didn't like Miss Gore in the start and most of the book but really liked her in the end! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed this book! :D

    I'm a follower from Book Blogs! :D
    (My blog is KimberlysKozyKorner.blogspot.com) :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!